Click Here to See More Photos, Now!
Everybody needs a morning coffee fix; that small cup of heart-warming brew that you sip on your terrace in the morning sun is everyone’s personal time to get ready for the day. Yet, many are missing this valuable time to savor their mug of bitter delight, and instead, grab some mediocre fast-food coffee just to get some caffeine down their system.
Now, change your morning habits with the Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine, a quality Italian coffee machine that will have your ‘wake-me-up’ ready in those chaotic mornings, and make sure that you’ll always have high-quality coffee at your fingertips.
Features of the Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine Review:
Power and Dimensions:
The Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine runs on a 1425W motor and has the unique design of having broilers on either side of the machine. This allows even distribution of heat, lowering risk of overheating and corrosion, making it a more power efficient coffee maker overall.
The 58 mm industry standard filters and high-pressure bar pumps can deliver two shots of rich espresso at once, and the sophisticated stainless steel finish would be the perfect addition to anybody’s kitchen. However, its small tray that can only fit minuscule shot glasses, and might be a drawback to those who are used to preparing lattes in larger ceramic mugs.
The Italian design coffee maker does not let anyone down; it’s coffee are rich, dark, smooth and brings out the untainted flavour of the coffee beans used. The aroma is refreshing and crisp, and most costumers had praised its consistency of delivering the luscious shot every single use. For those opting for frosted milk, it whips the perfect warm cup in mere seconds and is the idyllic accompany to your fresh brewed espresso shot.
One of the most significant features of the Gaggia 14101 is its pre-infusion technique and 58mm portafilter, which is as large as industrial coffee machines. Pre-infusion allows the slow release of aroma from the coffee bean, and the larger diameter of the filter allows higher pressure extraction and more even water distribution, making the crema darker and the flavour of the espresso richer than its similar counterparts. The machine also allows both single-ground coffee beans or commercial coffee pods, so you can tailor your usage and grinds to your own favour, making it a more flexible machine.
The machine also allows both single-ground coffee beans or commercial coffee pods, so you can tailor your usage and grinds to your own favour, making it a more flexible machine.
To make the perfect espresso, the temperature of the water needs to be below boiling point. The Gaggia 14101, due to the separate heating elements, is able to deliver a steady temperature at an extremely high speed; minutes is all you need to wait for to get your hands on that delicate cup of deliciousness! It also has a cup warmer which uses residual heat from the broiler and does not require any extra wattage, saving a lot of energy.
Material and style:
The Gaggia 14101 has a classic stainless steel finish; typical, but elegant. Under that layer of shine is heavy-duty carbon-steel, and just the chrome-plated brass filter weighs over a pound. This means that the machine is extremely durable, and can endure the passing of time and many uses. This material also matches industrial type coffee machines, meaning it regulates temperature much better than brands in the same price range, thus making it a definite bargain buy.
- – Both pods or coffee beans can be used
- – Steady temperature delivery- Heats up very fast (approximately 5 minutes)
- – Rich tasting coffee
- – Consistent
- – Industrial machine features
- – Easy to froth milk
- – Only allows smaller espresso cups
- – Only one kind of design- Some has complained about short machine life
- – a few months for some costumers
- – Complaints of inadequate user instructions
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q. How long would I have to wait between shots?
- A: The machine can deliver two shots at a time, and works very fast, taking only a few seconds to recycle each time.
- Q. What size espresso cups fit the machine?
- A: About a 2oz espresso cup; only a very short cup can fit.
- Q. How do you froth milk?
- A: A separate Panarello steam wand is used to froth the milk in a few seconds. It is very easy to clean and can be used to make specialty drinks such as cappuccinos and lattes.
- Q. How can you make sspecialtydrinks, such as cappuccinos, with the machine?
- A: The machine is tailored to make espresso shots and is semi-automatic and easy to use. However, to make specialty drinks does require practice from the user using the frothing wand. Check out videos on Youtube to see how to make specialty drinks; it is easy to get a hang of it after a few tries.
The Gaggia 1401 Espresso Machine is an overall impressive espresso machine and is an extreme bargain for those searching for a new morning companion. It has industrial features and fast heating time, meaning it can deliver espresso shots much faster than its counterparts, and with better flavour and delicacy.
However, those wanting a more snazzy design and more focused on machines that deliver specialty drinks might be wanting to consider other options. But, those just wanting to feel like they’re sipping artisan Italian coffee in the middle of Milan, this machine would be the perfect addition to your kitchen.